Madison Community Montessori School (MCMS) is committed to an economically diverse student body and welcomes the opportunity to provide financial support where needed to help families send their children to our school. Financial aid is available to the families of all current and prospective MCMS students; however, the school expects families to finance their children's education to the extent that they can. Financial aid applicants should complete the admissions process to the school prior to beginning the financial aid process. All information from the Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST) remains confidential and is reviewed by the school.
Distribution of Funds
- First priority is to continue support for families currently receiving financial aid.
- Second priority is to provide funds that enable families already enrolled in the school to stay with the school in the event of changing personal finances.
- Third priority is to consider all other requests.
Applying for Financial Aid
- Parent(s) must file financial statements with FAST. Applications are available online (click the FAST link below). The online application process is self-guided. You can complete an application partially and go back to it another time if you so choose. The non-refundable application fee is $41, payable by Visa or MasterCard at the end of the application. The application fee will be billed to your credit card under the name of "Independent School Management (ISM)", the company which provides the FAST application service.
- In addition to the online application, parents are required to send to FAST a copy of their federal tax return from the previous tax year and copies of all current W-2 forms. Instructions can be found here and, if needed, envelopes can be retrieved from the MCMS Business Manager. After applying, you will mail tax documents to FAST for income verification purposes: FAST Processing, 1316 N. Union Street, Wilmington, DE 19806. Please do not send any originals, and do not fax or e-mail this tax information.
- All forms must be completed and filed by April 15 to be considered as a group by the Financial Aid Committee for aid for the following year. Incomplete submissions or any forms filed after this date will be considered only after other awards have been made. Awards will be announced by May 1.
- Parents must respond in writing by the date specified in their award letter if they wish to accept the school's offer. After this date, the school considers the offer declined and the funds will be reallocated.
- Each year the family must reapply for financial aid. Awards are based on the relative need of the families that have applied, and on the funds available. While the school will make every effort to maintain financial assistance levels from year to year, conditions may change; therefore, one year's award is not a guarantee of awards in subsequent years.
Please click the FAST logo (at left) to start or resume your FAST application. If you have any questions about the application process, please call the FAST Call Center at 1-877-326-FAST (3278), open 24 hours, 7 days a week.